Thursday, November 27, 2003

Thanksgiving. It seems odd that lately people have been calling it "Turkey day" instead of Thanksgiving. I don't know if it's because people of other ethnicities who don't celebrate Thanksgiving find it offensive (!) but I think it's because people are just too darn lazy to form the three syllables: Thanks-Gi-ving.

Is it odd that I baby-talk to my cat? Much too often to be healthy, according to some. Sometimes I do talk to my cat in a normal tone and volume, but talking to one's cat in any language is kind of odd, isn't it? I mean, would my cat understand me? If she possesses the art of understanding spoken words, would English, or Korean, or perhaps even Spanish, be the language of choice?

I went over to my uncle's for "turkey" day. It involves arriving around approx. 6PM, eating almost immediately, minor chit-chat, and leave by 8 or 9PM. Nothing too big. Uncle lives on the other side of town, about a mile or so away, and we see each other fairly often. Turkey felt dryer this year... perhaps it was because the cranberry sauce, which I love, was missing. There was kimchi on the table like always, to help swallow the tough turkey breast.

I woke up about 9AM to find the sun slapping me in the face, so I positioned myself to face the opposite end of the bed. My legs got a nice tan, by the time I finally got up around 11 AM. I installed my mom's new keyboard and mouse -- I bought it from amazon.com -- a microsoft wireless duo -- wireless multimedia keyboard and an intellipoint or something wireless optical mouse. Very fancy and cool-looking (I'm not feeling very descriptive today -- the tryptophan in the turkey has cause my brain to go into deep slumber), if I say so myself. I watched some stuff on a DVD disk, of course, on my brand new DVD player, had ramen for breakfast/lunch, and then went to take a nap (YES, a NAP!) around 3 PM or so. I woke up about 5:30 ish and prepared to consume lage quantities of turkey and potatoes.

That was my day. Now I have taken a shower (first in two days! I am just a big slug!) and will prepare for another day of sheer HELL of work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home