Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I Should Be Proud

Just about 30 seconds ago, I was lying in bed, getting ready to sleep. It is midnight. And my final thoughts for the day went something like this: Gee, I never really, completely knew how much grammatical errors I make in my blog... even if I do write a lot at a really fast pace during work when customers bother me, that's no excuse... and I got so little accomplished today... I haven't done any homework for statistics, and I still need to finish The Taming of the Shrew and I didn't have anything healthy today! I had a McDonald's breakfast and a mediocre lunch and leftover pizza for dinner which I scarfed down in less than 10 minutes... I really should have ordered those contact lenses today because I'm down to my last pair and really need to get more in asap... I could've ordered them tonight if I didn't misplace my prescription... now I just made more work for myself, because I'll have to call the eye doctor and pick up another copy of the prescription and fax it over to the place and etc... what time do I have to get up tomorrow? I should be up no later than 6:30 AM...

And then I started thinking about what I did today. Because I try to live each day to my fullest, and my mind has been running on negative thoughts about how sucky (how suckily?) I had spent my day, and I wanted to go over exactly what my low points were.

You know what? I am up by 6:30 AM, and I am out of the house at 7:45 AM for school. Then from school, I leave for work and get there by 10AM. Then I leave work at 5PM, and head straight for school, for a 6:30PM class. The class ended at 9:53PM (how exact, I know) and I was home approximately 10PM. You know what that means? I spent over 14 hours out of the house working or schooling myself. That's a lot of hours to be spent working (work, of course, suggesting actual work in which I get paid, and the work that involves getting an education). And the remainder of the evening which I spent at home, I was taking care of more business, like sorting through my mail (bills, mostly) laying out my plans for tomorrow (preparing for class). The only little bit of solace I had was when I read a bit of the the LA Times -- it was the first chance I had to read it today, 15 hours after I had picked it up from my apartment building's gate. And the feud with the ordering of contact lenses.

That's a pretty rough day, and I went through it (sometimes it's more about going through the motions, really) without complaints or negativity. I should be darn proud of myself for being so tough and having such admirable endurance (if I say so myself). I shouldn't go to bed with thoughts of shame that I haven't accomplished much today... I've done nothing short of performing miracles, it seems, and I should be patting myself in the back for it. Why was I finishing out my day with such self-destructive thoughts? What kind of dreams would I have?

Well, I'm obliterating the negativity in my life, and the negative thoughts in bed will go tonight. Nothing but preparations for sweet dreams for me. Cuz I did a job well done today. Not bad, even for a Superwoman. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home