Thursday, October 09, 2003

It must be officially autumn in California. Just yesterday, it was hot and the sun's rays were sizzling -- this morning as I walked to class, the breeze was just slightly nippy, sending goosebumps up my upper arms. It wasn't quite cold, but I knew it was about time to start chucking away the short sleeves and start pulling out the knits. I had an overall good day so far, although I just got sued on Tuesday for an accident that happened 13 months ago. I have to go pick up my brother later and go get an oil change for my car... I know I am supposed to get it done every 3000 miles or so, but this time I've driven more than 4000 since my last. I feel good about my history project on the Jewish American immigration -- I have done good research so far, and I just need to put it together. I don't worry about sociology -- although that field assignment worries me just a little. Math is actually a big worry, because I am really behind. Yet I am still writing in my blog, when I should really study. Are these calculus theories really worth learning? I have an estimated IQ of 140. My brother told me that I should be able to come up with mathematical theories that would render current calculus theories impotent... Alas, IQ tests are as falty and biased as critics claim. How can a non-WASP(white anglo saxon protestant) immigrant such as I score so high? I really don't think I am a good guesser at all, because I do so poorly on multiple choice exams, versus short answers or essay questions.

These days I keep daydreaming what it would be like to be married. My daydreams show it to be a fantastic experience, but one that makes you limited in the range of opportunities. I then watch something like Sex and the City, and I don't want to marry until I am in my mid thirties(which, hopefully, by then I will be mature enough to make that sort of commitment). Oh wells. I should really get started on this math thing... those calculus equations aren't going to solve themselves, surely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home