Saturday, September 13, 2003

I love this page... autumn is a really nice season... too bad that southern california doesn't have an autumn. That being said, I am not particularly enjoying the effects of this page... To busy. I want something crisp and clean -- functional with a style -- albeit a minimalist style. If anyone has a template they would like to recommend, e-mail me... There's a link somewhere on the right side of this page. Or you can just do it yourself: haemicuda@yahoo.com.

While browsing, I came upon the Gender Genie. It is quite interesting. You either type or copy and paste a block of text, and based on the number of times the writer mentions certains words , like numbers, the, etc.. it tells you whether the author is female or male. It's supposed to be based on some algorithm, and supposedly 80% accurate. So far, it's rate is about 50%. All the ones I have tried, except one block-o'-text by a Mr. Shawn everything came out right. I put in an exerpt from Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, and the genie got it right. Pretty cool, huh?

What is this dark-yet-not-opaque beverage I am gulping? Yikes, it is the abominable c o f f e e. Yes, after my tummy-illness, I have vowed to keep clear much of caffeinated products such as coke, but namely coffee. At least for a week, until my insides heal. I am not doctor, but I personally felt that my excessive intake of caffeine via coffee was too stimulating for my colons, therefore leading to severe dehydration, exacerbated by the long hours spent on the potty due to frequent diarrhea. Just three days later, I am feeling slightly better, and I just could not keep away much longer.... gotta have that coffee!! So much for that. But I have an easier time keeping away from carbonated sources of caffeine, like Coke.

Speaking of Coke, Coke rocks. Vanilla Coke and Cherry Cokes rock even more. Boo Pepsi, Boo... Their recent airing of commercials on television, where Pepsi Vanilla is introduced is such a shallow attempt to attack Coke for bringing it first into the world. When will Pepsi understand? Coke came first! Cherry Coke is better known than its adversary, the Cherry Pepsi. Notice that Crystal Clear Pepsi and Pepsi Blue are fads that faded so fast, hardly anyone remembers them. Here's what's most repulsive in the advertising: There is a vanilla coke truck at a stop light. A pepsi vanilla truck drives up next to it. The drivers look at each other, and the coke guy turns on some mellow pop music loudly and enjoys his music. The pepsi guy opens the sides of his truck to reveal extremely large sub-woofers or whatever those giant mammoth speakers are called, and plays some sort of hip-hop music, very very loudly, and the truck is bouncing up and down. The denizens on the sidewalk join in on the music by dancing and cheering. Pepsi guy drives off, and Coke guy is left behind. What is wrong with that advertisement? I can't even begin to say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home