Saturday, August 30, 2003

I am getting Monday, Labor Day, and Tuesday off, in addition to Sunday. This will the first three day weekend I've had in a long time. Not that everyone else usually gets three day weekends -- it's just that I have this intense hope that one day a weekend will consist of three days. Hopefully, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

I have quit whining about the burglary. Life is completely back to normal. I really look forward to starting school next week... Thursday will be my first day. I am going to be the model student that I once had been. I have prepared for the ultra-geeky nerd-dom, by visiting the library. I have checked out This Side of Paradise, a rather easy read, by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Le Morte D'Arthur, by Sir Thomas Malory, and Anna Karenina, written by the every so famous, Leo Tolstoy. I have gone through about half of Le Morte D'Arthur, and Anna Karenina back in high school, before the overwhelmingly long tomes have caused me to cease reading. I am going to tackle them, and complete them. At least one of them. At least sometime in my life. I'm going to read interesting fat books, look into purchasing a pair of glasses (contact lenses don't provide much nerdiness) and become... well... bookish. Why, do you ask, that I would voluntarily seek to be unattractive and studious? Well, to say that the lines of suitors courting me are just outragious, and are interfering with my study, would be a lie. I have no potential boyfriend-to-be's in my life. The fact is, I need to get my mind off of other nonsense things... like aromatherapy candles. Anna Sui perfumes. Gabbing hours on end on the telephone. Et cetera, et cetera. Decreasing the energy I put into my outwardly appearance and fad trends (aromatherapy candles), will allow me to focus. Yes. Focus. Eureka, that is the word, the word I was seeking! That will be my short term goal for the remainder of 203 -- Focus. I will focus my eyes on the prize... I will get into a nursing program, and start at the beginning of 2004!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home