Monday, December 01, 2003

Since I had decided that I would most definitely go to grad school and med school, I started to think of myself as a potential applicant. Basically, what I can do to beef up my application. The grades and exam scores are something that I would be constantly working on to improve and perfect, but what would make me stand out from all the other bio majors in the U.S.? I realized that the pendulum has shifted and now med schools are highly interested in students who are well-rounded, rather than bio majors who already possess a sufficient amount of life science. To be a well-rounded individual, or at least look like one on paper, I need to do other things. Like play music for an orchestra. Write for the school paper. I am going to try to do both those things. I'm trying to sign up for a chamber music class next semester (I will need to brush up on my fiddling skills during winter). I am going to try to transfer to a Cal State, since CC nursing isn't accepting me. When I get there, I am going to attempt to get on the school paper and hopefully become a permanent member of the staff. Hopefully the English courses I will be taking next semester will come in handy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home