Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Is it too late to change my major?

I've changed my major so many times already -- I've been a journalism major, child development major, chemistry major, Spanish major, and finally, a nursing and English major. I love too many things. But just recently, I found that I love art. Sure, my paintings never amounted to anything more than chicken scratch, but I love seeing art. This semester's art history class made me want to study art history. Some pieces I can really get used to staring at for extended periods of time -- this coming from a woman with self-proclaimed ADD!

It would take much too long to switch majors yet once again -- and I do still like being an English major (I'm just waiting for that nursing part to kick in, as I've said, since I've finished all prereq's) and have taken a good chunk of steps toward completing the basics, like English literature and critical literary analysis. Perhaps I'll save art history for a minor. I'm dying to take the second class, which covers from the renaissance to modern art. My favorite so far, would be Greek art, high classical, to be specific. And not just because the statues are nude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home