Monday, April 05, 2004

You may say I'm a dreamer...

I wanted to talk about that dream I had last week.

Have you ever had a dream so heavenly? I dreamed that I got into a nursing program. As you all may well know, I've been waiting to get into a nursing program (ADN) for years now. Ideally, I should complete the prereq's, get in and pop out as a RN within 3 years. For me, it's been 3 years so far and I have yet to have started the two year nursing curriculum. So when I had that dream, I was just blown away.

Never had I had a dream so delicious and softly sweet. It was ethereal, but more ethereal, like I could touch it. The dream was actually about receiving an acceptance letter -- I touched the letter. The envelope felt like the most crisp linen -- the letter inside felt like crushed velvet, so soft. It was gossamer -- if I pressed my fingers on it just a tad bit too hard, it seemed that it would self-destruct and disintegrate. I was smiling like I never smiled before, and my joyous laughter echoed through the air, like the fading bit of memory that it has become. When I woke up, the return to reality was so harsh that tears welled up in my eyes from the shock.

Do dreams come true? I grew cynical of Disney animated films by the time I was just 10 years old -- I stopped believing in the fantasy of a happy ending. I never had that "happily ever after" bit as an option. But just for once, just this once, I would like to see my dream come true. Too much to ask? We'll have to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home