Friday, March 26, 2004

Friday at Last

You know you had a rough week when you try to access your blog with the ID "Friday" instead of the actual Login. I was actually wondering why I kept getting the wrong password message, for literally 45 seconds! I had a rough week. But it's Friday finally, Friday, at last.

By the way, I also work Saturday. Boo-yeah! (Note sarcasm. I do not in any way, shape, or form condone working to be done on Saturday and in fact believe that it too should be declared part of the holy sabbath.)

I am actually getting quite a bit of traffic (not reality traffic with cars and brake-lights, but the ones of the people viewing my blog). It motivated me to be a better blogger. I have an audience. It may not be in the hundreds or thousands, but it's growing surely, albeit slowly. So propz to ma blog! OK. That's not working. I can never talk like a cool hip-hop person. I'm just too prim and proper. So hip hip hooray for my blog. What a hoot.

I have reason to really get my mood up this weekend. I usually don't bother looking at my grades and transcripts unless necessary, because it's always been so low (I screwed up my first semester big time with straight F's and have been trying to dig myself out of that one for three years!) and pathetic. But since nursing application season is here, yet again, I had to see what it looked like. Can you believe that my once 0.25 GPA is now a glorious 3.35??

Yes, I have a 3.35. I am actually planning on getting a straight A this semester, because not only are the courses so ecstatically fun, I am working my ass off and actually not drowning in the work. Being the super nerd, I had to calculate what it would be if that happened, and found out that my GPA would then be a 3.5. That sounds pretty good! Just two years ago it was crawling in the 0.25 - 1.5 range! I had to do it the hard way, and probably the only way, other than starting over, but I'm finally floating above sea level, and boy, am I glad! It was just the rejuvenation that I needed.

I'm ecstatic. I actually can have hopes for transferring into a decent university, and finally will be able to achieve my dream of joining the beings at higher education. I imagine it to be like the Parthenon, where all the intelligent people stand tall and proud, in white togas. I hope it would be alright if I had mine made of satin -- I just crave that extra sparkle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home