Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Have you ever had a time when you received a flood of words, phrases, that you needed to write down but couldn't? I do, frequently, and almost all the time, it is when I am driving. I keep hitting myself in the head for not saving up for a voice recorder, because even if I were nearby a computer, I couldn't nearly keep up with the flowing words. Although I can type quite fast, sometimes faster than I can think, when I get that surge of ideas, it's impossible to keep up. I just had that moment in the car, on my way home from school. I got on the freeway and did 80 mph (by the way, my school is so close to my home that I am only on the freeway for 3 minutes max!) and rushed home, slammed the door, and typed like a mad man (or woman). I think I was successful, more than other times at least, in getting down some words. Often, they amount to nothing, but it's like that dream you had last night. It was so clear when you just woke up, but you can't remember it now, can you? You wish you had a notepad next to your bed so you can record it the minute you wake up, when it's fresh on your mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home