Sunday, March 21, 2004

Blissful Sunday

Today consisted of very little things on my "To-Do" list, which was quite pleasant. Actually, I have a ton of school work that needs to be done, but I have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately, and I wanted to spend a day of leisure, which is at times, necessary.

I had a something of a mother-daughter day, starting when I woke up, very near noon. It consisted of a few hours in front of the telly, and even more hours at the mall. I got myself a pair of shoes -- one of those stringy sandal type things with ankle-straps, which is just so fashionable at the moment. That updated me from my circa 2000 style of shoes. It's been a while -- I've been poor for a while, and could not afford very much in shoes. My mother, who frequents the downtown wholesale fashion district, bought me two pairs of shoes about three years ago -- two pair for $14. Incredible deal, but it's high time they retired.

After much strolling and window-shopping, we went into Brookstone and tried the MAX™ Maximum Performance Massager. This machine is incredible. I am officially buying this, as soon as I get enough money. This is far more urgent than a pair of shoes or a new haircut (which I desparately need, as it is starting to get scraggly). This symbolizes comfort and relief, which I need.

Then we were off to Vicky's and bought some very springtime, colorful underwear. In various shades of pink -- whisper pink, pink with logo, pink with graphic, pink with flowers, dark pink, fuschia, etc.. For women, pink is a color of utmost importance. Having the exact shade is life-altering. Lipstick, for example. A tad too light, it's tacky. A tad too dark can be drabby, equalling disastrous. Hence the hours spent looking for that perfect color. Similar story for the color red. There's scarlet, ruby, crimson, etc..

Well, all in all, it was a blissful day, which ended with an episode of The Simpsons, with Hot Wings from KFC What's Cooking. Now I can dabble lightly in some school work, in hopes of alleviating the amount of work I have for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home