Sunday, April 04, 2004

Yet Another Weight-Loss Blog?

I had been thinking about recording my weight loss process on a blog. I thought that it would be a good way to keep track of my progress, as well as be motivational. I started to work out again two weeks ago, but after just one week, I stopped because of my turmoil last week. Now, again, this week, I will start doing cardio regularly and keep away from the potato chips (in just last week, I believe I ate $10 worth of Ruffles Potato Chips -- buying in bulk is just so cheap). I haven't had fruits or veggies for weeks. When your body starts to tell you that you need more vitamin C and fiber, it's already too late -- not that you'd die and it's too late to reverse it, but it is too late from blocking the physical discomfort that comes with lack of such nutrients. Like constipation. True, I am painting an ugly picture for my readers, but hey. It's a part of life. It's real. More real than any reality show you'll ever see.

My desire to go down in size (hence, size does matter) is because I need clothes. I haven't done much clothes shopping over the years. Also, I can no longer wear the clothes I've been wearing, because each season I seem to expand an inch or two, making those clothes uncomfortable. Years of not watching my figure, so to speak, has been the culprit. Please. My case is completely different -- I am not that anorexic/bullimic chick who is despondent because she thinks society thinks she's fat although she wears a size 2 and weighs 110 lbs. I'm just that chick who gained 30 lbs in the last 6 years and wants to stop the fattening process. It's just unhealthy, and I need to be healthy.

I'm petite. I always felt that I was rather largesse, until my best friend who is an expert (works at a fashionable women's clothing store) told me that I am a petite. I have very small bones. Narrow shoulders and tiny ankles with small hands and feet. Although I am 5'6" since my bones are narrower I should be considered petite. However, when you are petite and yet have too much excess pounds to carry, it takes a tremendous toll on your body. My body is simply not geared to hold that extra 30 lbs. Indeed, there are days when my body is just too heavy for me to lug around, and I've been getting straining pain (nothing to report to a doc but nevertheless uncomfortable) in my joints, especially knees and ankles.

So, I have no intentions of becoming a twiggy 105 pounder, but I've got too much curvature for my own good. I was trying to do some clothes shopping, but found that my pants size has grown 6 sizes and that's a horrid thought. So perhaps something like a blog, which can be a regulator and a tracker for my diet can serve a good purpose. I'll have to see. Thankfully spring break is coming up in a week, so I can get myself together to concentrate on something besides school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home