Sunday, April 18, 2004

Just Another Blog Entry

For once I am sitting in front of a computer with nothing to blog about. Perhaps it is because my own computer is still being flushed out by my brother, or at least supposed to be cleaned out -- he took the liberty of moving my computer to his room but hasn't done anything all week. Sitting in front of my mom's computer, with her fancy wireless mouse and wireless natural keyboard, it feels very odd. For one thing, this natural keyboard is something to get used to -- I was always in habit of typing the letter "Y" with my left hand... the natural keyboard demands that I use my right.

After much consultation with my brother, whom I give credit for being knowledgeable in the electrical machinery area, I decided to purchase a portable discman that can read MP3. For one thing, I didn't know that when I "burned" CD's, they were somehow being coded to be read as an audio CD. If I were to burn MP3's as they are, I would be able to fit many more than just 20 on one CD, but would need an MP3 compatible CD player.

As you see on your left, I have absolutely fallen in love with Apple's new Mini-iPods. I do believe it has 10 gigs of space (or some other number very very large) and are just SO darn tiny! And they come in such lovable, fruity colors. They make statements, those lil' things. I had a hard time choosing what color I would want, if I could afford it -- I love the blue, I adore the green, and I am mesmerized by the pink. After much dilemma, I decided upon the pink. That is, if I can ever afford to buy one. So for the time being, since purchasing a portable CD player that's MP3 compatible is a lot cheaper, that is what I have decided to do.

So I did. In another recent eBay transaction, I bought a model by Panasonic. Looks good enough, and it was brand new. So finally, I could resume those French lessons. That is the first and foremost reason why I am purchasing this unit -- I realized that burning the whole "Learn French" series would take more than a few CD's -- Nearly 50 CD's would be required, while I would need two or three at most, if I burned them as MP3. Also, I could use them to listen to many of my old and forgotten MP3's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home