Tuesday, April 13, 2004

What's My Motivation?

I am trying to hit the gym at least five times a week. In addition to my usual 30 minutes of cardio, I am adding some weight-lifting exercises, mostly using machines, but still, the fun factor is virtually non-existent. At one time, trying to make myself run one more minute was fun, but that got tiring when you're trying to run half an hour. To fit people everywhere: what does your mind do when you're exercising? I'm a highly intellectual being -- my brain needs to do some information processing revolutions, all the time! Even when I'm watching TV, data is being fed to me, albeit mostly useless.

I guess I can stay longer than half an hour on a treadmill or the bike, but what can I tell my brain to do? Reading is virtually impossible, although I've seen many admirable people sweating and reading the Wall Street Journal. I can't focus on such tiny writings when I'm in motion. And magazines with mostly pictures... how I can expect myself to turn pages every other second when I'm jogging? I try to watch the TV, but the radio station we're supposed to tune into (for the sound) doesn't tune well in the building.

So because of the boring-ness, I am losing motivation very quickly. I had to debate for nearly two hours whether or not I would go to the gym. Finally, I had to resort to the Victoria's Secret's catalogue for motivation. Gisele is hot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home