Monday, July 19, 2004

That's Me

That's Me

Guess what I am?


Take the What High School Stereotype Are You? quiz.

Growing up, I was always in awe of those cool kids. Cool as a cucumber kids, who made it seem so effortless to be smooth and perfect always. Never a bad hair day, and if there was a bad hair day, there would be some way to turn it into a new trend that everyone MUST follow. My high school had 3,000 students -- my graduating class alone had nearly 700. Practically everyone knew who I was, because I was so anally smart. And rather subversive -- I didn't use a curling iron, I didn't wear any make-up, and even my eyebrows went un-plucked. I never ever went to a school dance, never had a date, and wore very unflattering glasses. I had a very well-known reputation to be ruthless in academia -- underclassmen and my peers alike always stood in awe of me, saying things like, "You're so smart Daisy" or ask me advice like, "How many hours did you study to get that A on that exam?"

It's not that I didn't like myself back then. I did like myself very much, but now I realize how much of a snob I had been. I wronged the honor of fellow geeks everywhere. I was pompous. Now, while I still embrace my geekhood, I stay away from abusing my status. Instead, I uphold my uber-geekiness with pride, and at the same time, humility.

Oh, what the heck am I writing today? I have a splitting headache. Please forgive me, I do not know what I do. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home