Friday, July 16, 2004

Vacation Time!

Vacation Time!

My boss has decided to give us vacation time. I work in a small, though cozy, store with just one other coworker, and in a place like Koreatown, vacation time and sick days don't exist. Nevertheless, he is going to give us three days of vacation. I haven't decided how to spend it -- it would behoove me to take it on Mon, Tues, Wed, to get the full effect of a short workday on Saturday, followed by a four day weekend. That's, like, more than half a week! I was thinking that when Crystal (the non-blogging bestfriend who never reads my blog) drops by in August, I can spend some time and hang out with her. However, I've lost touch with her, and I don't even know if she's going to fly out here or not. If she doesn't, I'll be extremely mad.

If nothing else, I can use the three-day vacay to crawl into my bed on Saturday evening and emerge on Thursday morning, just in time for work. I could use a rejuvenating hibernation. When I have slept out my ability to sleep (I can sleep over 18 hours at a time people -- we're talking serious hibernating here), I can detox with some crisp green tea, followed by half an hour of meditating and yoga... oh, who am I kidding? I'll be sitting in front of the tube all day. Any suggestions on how I can spend a good holiday without breaking the bank?

Either way, I am spending this Sunday on a remote locale -- Oxnard! That's a whole different county! Basically you take the 101 from LA and drive forever (about an hour and half). I will be shopping (at an outlet -- I think it's called Camarillo) with my coworker Shane, followed by a fabulous sushi/sashimi fest for dinner at some place called the Fisherman's House. When I decide to have sashimi, fishies tremble from fear. You can pretty much guess that no fish will be spared. I consume fish like there's no tomorrow. If it's raw, even more so. Since I won't be driving, I am looking forward to getting senselessly drunk and obnoxious. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home