Saturday, July 03, 2004

Where Did Everybody Go?

Where Did Everybody Go?

The roads were empty this morning when I was on my drive to work. Los Angeles felt like a ghost town. It was a bit overcast, and the silently changing traffic lights were almost eerie. There was a thickly laid uneasiness in the air.

Now there's a few cars rolling around, but here at work, it's pretty quiet and dull. Most people probably expect us to be closed, since they're probably off somewhere frolicking in a three-day-weekend delight. At least I get to go home by 3, which is definitely good. I'm also off Monday, which is just the best thing to have happened since Memorial Day. It's rare when I actually get a TWO day weekend, since I'm always working Saturdays.

Since my school decided to issue another I-20 for one year, I will be going back there. I'm hoping to take 15 units again, get that 3 units needed for graduation cleared, take s'more English classes and have a busy semester. Yep. Summer's just begun, and I'm already lookin' forward to the fall semester at school. (sigh) Maybe I am getting just a tad old. Maybe I should go play some bingo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home