Thursday, November 04, 2004

Are You There God?

I seem to have proven something. If god exists, then he is a benevolent one, although quite mischievous.

I have good news. I got a letter from the nursing department at my school (already -- I thought it would be next week!). It says,

"Unfortunately, your name did not place very high on the list of students from the enrollment process. However, I would like to offer an alternative option to you. At the start of each term we admit several students as alternates. These students register for and complete Winter Session nursing classes ... IF the alternate is successful with these classes and IF, due to attrition of regularly admitted students, there are seats available, the alternate is able to progress as a regular student into Spring Session classes [...] IF the alternate is successful, but there are no seats available at the time, he or she is guaranteed admission with the next class (Fall 2005)."

Well, I think that explains it all. It isn't the best thing that could have happened (I could have gotten in straight without the mess of being an alternate) but I am guaranteed a spot for the Fall semester, so with almost 100% certainty, I will graduate in either two years or two and half years maximum. Of course I've already pondered all the possible bad things that can happen. Actually, at this point, there aren't too many, but if my visa application is rejected/denied, then I can possibly face deportation and all that good stuff. Good times, I tell you. Talk about worrying. But among factors that I have some control over, there isn't much. I am almost as happy as I was when I first got that CSULA (humph!) letter, but I'm trying to keep the excitement down. I did hug my mom about three times.

So yay. Yay. YAY. YAY. YAY!!

I am going to be a nurse, and I'm going to apply for a green card and get a well-paying job, and I'll probably be able to vote in the 2016 presidential election (I will be 36 years old then, but I'll lie about my age and pretend that I'm 26 or something) and I'll become a citizen and be able to visit my motherland (Korea) and see my dad for the first time in a decade and maybe even accomplish that long lost dream of back-packing through Europe, and get my bachelor's degree and go on to graduate school before my hair starts graying, and I'll get to buy the pretty house in the suburbs/country that I always wanted to buy for my mother and get a car that I actually like (not something that was defaulted onto me) and become famous and be really well-educated and perhaps be the first member of my family on either side to go to graduate school and never ever have to worry about immigration ever again and never ever ever ever EVER EVER work in a cell phone store again and be eternally happy forever and ever (redundant?) and ever after. Talk about rambling.

....yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home