Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Moving On...

I signed up for Blogexplosion.com. It's simple -- it gives you more blogs to look at, and it exposes your blog to a bigger audience. And I must have gone through about 30-40 or so blogs today. (You have to spend a minimum of 30 seconds per blog.) And most of them, and I mean most of them (approximately 70-80%) had posts about the election. Bush this, Kerry that. And I've decided that I don't want to be blogging about the same thing that everyone else is blogging already. So I'm moving on.

There's a whole slew of movies I'm eager to see. The upcoming holiday season (oh jolly, it's the holidays again ((note: sarcasm -- I hate the holidays))) has plenty of movies to offer for movie-watchers. There's Alexander -- the great Macedonian King. Colin Farrel (Or feral, which suits him) plays Alex, and Angelina Jolie his mother, and it just sounds like a good movie that could actually be totally botched. Oh wait. I'm supposed to be talking about good movies that I want to see. Ok. Point noted. Moving on.

The Incredibles. Whenever I see a commercial for this film, I always read to myself in a rather stout voice, "Los increh-EE-blehs!" as if it were Spanish for some reason. It sounds much better than the incredibles. But I love all of Pixar's stuff, and I'm so sad that they're splitting with Disney -- it just seemed like a magical combination, but we'll see.

Alfie. I honestly haven't heard too much about the film, but I love Jude Law. Isn't he a doll? So gorgeous. Excuse me while I wipe my saliva off my keyboard! But you could just stare at him and drool for hours. His facial structure must have been chiseled in by some marvelous sculptor. He's beautiful. It's men like Jude Law that makes me feel like a teenager again, as I clasp my hands toward my heart and fall into bed whimpering, "oh my god I love him so!" I am quite level headed most of the time, but sometimes I just let my conscience go. I think it keeps me sane to go berserk once in a while.

What woman doesn't like Bridget Jones? I love most that Bridget weighs a good healthy 20 lbs more than the meagre figure of Renee. She's the woman who vocalized granny-pants -- I mean, women have granny undergarments for a reason! Many reasons, in fact: for one thing, they're awfully comfortable; secondly, they hold everything in so well; and they're definitely warmer in winter -- beats wearing thongs! I think until Bridget Jones' Diary, women were afraid of admitting that they had granny underwear. Women out there! Boldly declare your undergarments! I don't know about all you skinny bitches out there (am I allowed to say that?) but no skimpy lacy thing from Victoria's Secret is going to hold up everything in place impeccably -- at least not on my "fat" day. The gal formerly known as my best friend didn't own any pair of underwear that wasn't fashionable. But she was my height 5'6" and less than 120 lbs (in the vicinity of 115) so there wasn't much to hold in place. Perhaps this is just womenspeak, but thongs are not the greatest 100% of the time. One word -- wedgie. Yowzah.

And who doesn't like Tom Hanks. I love Tom Hanks. If I was willing to marry, it would be to marry him. Or at least someone like him. He's such a .... everyday man, but has extraordinary charisma. And he seems like a sweetie pie. Or at least his roles make us believe it. I loved him since "Bosom Buddies." Anyone remember that? The only film I didn't like with Hanks is "Saving Private Ryan." I remember that film. I watched with a boy -- a boy I had the biggest crush on when I was 18. He loved the film and a lot of other people did too, but I just didn't get what the whole deal was. I spent 3 hours watching a single man get rescued..? War makes no sense to me at all. And it didn't help that the boy dumped me even before we got to know each other well. Is that possible at all? To dump someone before even knowing them? Basically, as we got closer and hung out more often and spent night after night talking on AIM, he laid down the law. He said that he wanted to date someone who shared his same beliefs, namely God. That wouldn't be the first time God came in the way of my budding relationships, but I didn't know it then. Even my friends couldn't break it to me. He liked me (or he didn't dislike me, whichever) but he liked god more, obviously. Pity. I was depressed for eons. He went on to law school and dated some gal in Stockton and he drove back and forth to see her, and my heart was broken into smithereens and let's get back to movies because I'm obviously blabbering on and on and digressing big time. I just can't seem to focus on anything these days.

I definitely want to see "The Grudge." No photos -- I think everyone saw enough of that little boy anyway. Since I saw the Japanese version, I would like to see the US version and give a nice compare and contrast entry for my blog. But yanno, you just can't go see that kind of movie by yourself. When I realized that I'd hate men forever be single for a very long time, I told myself that I must be independent. That is, of course, not to say that I leeched off of men, but simply that I must learn how to entertain myself. Not have to wait for a man to take me to the movies to watch a movie. And a few times, I've actually seen some movies, all by my lonesome in theatres. It's a horribly courageous thing to do, I think. But a horror movie, I definitely have to see it with someone, man or woman. It's a horror movie. You're supposed to enjoy the thrill and the horror. Not literally get scared senseless and walk out alone from the theatre and run to the car in fear. Well, I digress again, but under current circumstances, I may have to resort to waiting it to come out on DVD.

I also saw the commercial for "Saw." I don't know what it is, but it seems alright. Came out on Halloween, and featured screaming people. Nice. Again, this may have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

You know what? I just realized that I am utterly, utterly lonely! It's gotten worse and worse since my bestfriend went MIA/AWOL/disappeared into thin air. Most of my friends have paired up and are awfully busy with husbands and boyfriends and girlfriends and babies and businesses. Maybe I'll make like Geppetto and carve a figure out of wood and... oh never mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home