Saturday, October 30, 2004

Day One

If you watch TV at all, you might have seen the television commercial, announcing the official merging of AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless. A couple of days ago, I received training/info material regarding the merge and how to deal. Much like the WLNP (Wireless and Landline Number Portability) situation from last November, this is also likely to cause havoc.

The material I received is titled, "Merger Fundamentals: Game Plan and Playbook for Distribution Partners: Agents." It is in the Cingular color of neon orange. Each section contains three parts: Closing Day to Day One; Day One; and Day One and Beyond, each of these three sections apply to things like upgrade processing and new activations and number ports.

Of course, they neglected to state when exactly Day One would be. I mean, shouldn't it be written in a large bold font somewhere, like on the COVER? I wasn't too thrilled about the content either -- non of it was very eye catching. This is how I read it: "blah blah blah blah blah..." Dull.

I am in a very ill mood. Can you tell? It is that time of the month again -- the end of the month where I have to do all my paper-filing for submissions. It is the time for papercuts. I'd rather stare at paint cracking off the wall than do actual work. Although I'm not as despondent as I expected (after the falling through the CSULA situation), I am not fully recovered/immune from/to the emotional turmoil. I've been late to work everyday this week! Usually a couple of minutes is forgiven, but this week, I've been late more than 10 minutes a day, and on the day it rained, I was half an hour late. And I've been screwing up at work too. I was asked to go to the USPS and ship a package priority with delivery confirmation -- guess what I did? I shipped it priority alright, but forgot the delivery confirmation. Then I had to go back to the post office to get it straightened out and get a delivery confirmation number. Of course before I got out of the car, I left the keys inside and left the engine ON! Thankfully some guy inquired if I was really going to leave my car running like that and walk off.

Maybe I need to go to the hair salon and get a nice hair cut like Tinka to get not only mood elevated, but to get myself sane again. Restore myself to full working order. I'm supposed to be attacking massive piles of paperwork right about now, and I'm just not wanting to tackle them at all.

I've also got dinner with the extended family -- uncle(mother's older brother), grandmother, aunt, cousin, and mom. Also, sometime this month, my uncle(father's younger brother) wants to come to California to talk to us (me and my bro). Usually that's bad news. He seems to think that he is doing his duty as an uncle to offer me advice and consolation and encouragement that I obviously lack because my father's not around, and thinks that he is actually doing something for moi. Well, from my perspective, it seems as though he is doing the "talk" for his own desire to feel like a good uncle -- "I did something wonderful for my niece and nephew." Well, it does crap to me. And he's always talking to me about returning to Korea to live with my father -- "all children should follow their parent." He doesn't understand that it is my father's actions that has caused me to make SoCal my home. I never asked to move across the Pacific! But I am here now and I have been here and I don't know anywhere else. I don't know any other home. And now he wants me to go to Korea? I've told him time after time that I won't go, and that my life will be meaningless (can you say "high unemployment?"). I'm not about to go to Korea to add more misery to my already horrific life. Well, that's enough griping about the extended members of my family. I just hate some of them is all. When I can be fully independent, perhaps I'll never have to speak to them again as long as I live! Hmph!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home