Friday, October 29, 2004

Super Dog to Rescue

Click Here for full article.

RICHLAND, Wash. - Faith the service dog phoned 911 when her owner fell out of her wheelchair and barked urgently into the receiver until a dispatcher sent help. Then the 4-year-old Rottweiler unlocked the front door so the responding police officer could come in.

[...]

The dog, whose sensitive nose can detect changes in Beasley's body chemistry, is trained to alert her owner to impending seizures before they happen.

So this dog, not only can dial 911 and unlock the door for the police officer, but she can also detect if her owner is about to break into a seizure! She's better than I am! If I were in that situation, I can tell you, I'd be utterly useless. (I'd be the one on the ground, in fetal position, telling myself that this isn't happening.) What a dog. Makes me wonder if my cat would even care if I collapsed on my kitchen floor. I can hear her mewing now: "Aaaaah. Stupid human."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home