Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Strange Things

I got an e-mail today from a former instructor. I had asked her if she'd be willing to write me a letter of recommendation for schools to which I am applying. She wrote me an e-mail saying that the letter is ready.

From: Jane Doe
To: Haemi Lee
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:06:24 -0700
Subject: Re: Former Humanities student

Now, you may not think there's anything wrong with this, but there is. You see, today, as far as I'm concerned, and hopefully, as far as the world is concerned, is Wednesday, October 27, 2004. I know because today is Wednesday because I went to work and had no classes. The calendar says that it is the 27th indeed! Also, Usually on gmail, it tells me how long ago the e-mail was sent -- i.e. 5 minutes ago, 4 hours ago, 3 days ago. But it didn't say anything. It just said that this e-mail was sent to me, TOMORROW. Yes. Perhaps I have been in a mental and emotional shock and I haven't recovered from the blow that shall forever be known as CSULA, but did I just received an e-mail from TOMORROW?

I know what you're thinking. I'm NOT THAT DUMB. Please, give me some credit here. Of course I went to Google and checked the settings on the account (which should have been the same since I hadn't changed it and I just used gmail at work without problems!). Then I went and checked the date/time on this computer (mom's comp). Everything is normal. I am in the PST timezone. IT IS STILL WEDNESDAY! IT IS STILL OCTOBER 27TH. Why am I getting e-mails from tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home