Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Gilmore Girls

I'm not ashamed to say it. Gilmore Girls is one of my favorite TV shows. It's a very unrealistic show, but I love it.

First of all, people don't talk that fast. And if they do talk fast, they can never be so witty and talk so fast. It's just not humanly possible! I find myself needing just about an extra second or two after each dialogue to register what the characters said. But when I do get it, it's just so funny.

Secondly, there is no way in hell that a 16-year old can give birth and raise her child by herself, and still look remarkably polished and speak so articulately. It is also impossible that this said woman can establish herself and make enough money to buy a two story house in a picturesque neighborhood. And what are the odds that her child is not only perfectly behaved, but also Valedictorian of her prestigious college prep high school and accepted to Yale?

But those are the things that makes the show attractive. It's kind of like fantasy world.

I am in a surprisingly good mood, considering. Perhaps it is enhanced by the lovely bouts of rain, as well as the night class being cancelled. I had some time to do some shopping. Shopping is sooooooooooo therapeutic. I bought a lip liner and lip stick, so that I can look even more fabulous after I look great after my diet (be gone, corpulent tummy!). Also, I bought some fragrant, aromatherapy oils to use in my room so that I can mentally stay sane through this ordeal. Kiwi-melon, exotic, and papaya. Shopping makes me happy.

Now I am going to watch another movie -- Rosemary's Baby. And my evening will be complete. Melodic rain drops outside, shopping, TV, and horror movie. Rosemary's Baby is actually first DVD in my line-up of horror movies, in time for Halloween. Satanic baby, here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home