Thursday, February 06, 2003

With Valentine's just around the corner(just a tad more than a week away... yikes!) depression has settled upon me heavily. This is my second consecutive valentine alone, and although I secretly hope it will be my last, I have a bad feeling in my tummy that tells me otherwise. A woman's intuition, you might think. With all the red decorations everywhere, and advertisements on banners on all websites for chocolates and candy... and also knowing that even Crys will share that day with nick, has led me to believe that I have no hope. I am sure many singletons out there will stay home alone and watch sappy romance flicks such as "serendipity," or band together with other singletons in boycotting See's candies. As you may well predict, I will be amongst the ones who stay home -- however, I will not watch sappy lovey-dovey movies, such as Serendipity. I saw the ad for that movie when it first came out, and I already knew I would never watch it, and if forced upon me to watch it, I would hate it. When my mom rented it, I watched the first third, and confirmed my premonition of a bad movie. In the movie "Pearl Harbor"(which I've seen about 5 times, despite the lengthiness of the movie -- my everlasting love for Ben Affleck allows me to do so) Kate Bekinsale(ÄÉÀÌÆ® º£Å²¼¼ÀÏ) was absolutely beautiful. It is amazing how that beautiful woman who has captured my envy in one movie, can appear so looney playing a nut-case in another. I don't intend this to be a movie review, but in "Serendipity," she meets a guy and claims that if there were meant to be, they will find each other, even if they know nothing about each other. Yeah. Good one. So she writes her name inside a book, One Hundred Years of Solitude, it was, I believe, and sells it to some bookstore. Also, she writes his name and number on a 5 dollar bill(which is prohibited by federal law, I might add. You can imagine my astonishment the way this movie just exhibited such an offensive behavior, and still passed for a PG rating!) and buys something with it, and says that she will find that 5 $ if they were meant to be. And despite the fact that the guy opposes all of this(not a believer, eh?) she just does all that and runs off! What kind of nut-case is that? She belongs in a nice quiet place, surrounded by four sickly white walls with padding on it, institutionalized. I was appalled that they try to sell this off as a movie. If in any way you were offended by my comments, I apologize in advance. The approach of Valentines while I am so single and lonely and, ok, I admit, *desparate* has left me with an unusual amount of anger, that I have just released in a very verbally violent manner. That, and also, Ben is still with J.Lo, which too, is appalling equally. It would be really hard to judge, which is more maddening -- Valentine alone, or Ben with J.Lo. So I'm just bitching. 'Scuse me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home