Thursday, October 16, 2003

I've been procrastinating for weeks now, and I got what was coming. The calculus exam is in about 19 hours. I could have started studying the minute I got off from work, but of course, I procrastinated some more. After all, it wouldn't be much of a procrastination if I got started on it so early in the evening -- even though it's just the night before. So it is past mid-night. I'm having my second cup of joe, and still I haven't quite gotten down to it. Using "trigonometric substitution" to integrate a function, "integrating a rational function by partial fraction," and then "improper integrals" -- all sound just so enticing. I don't know if I can take such excitement in my life. Blech! Maybe medical school is not worth this crap. Who gives a hoot about a calling anyways? I might as well join forces with all the other drones and spend the rest of my life toiling away, performing meagre tasks that will pay the bills. It's really hard to choose! Should I suffer through this course of calculus so that I can move on to better things -- i.e. play a role in reforming the world to be a better place for all human-kind, i.e. bringing world peace, finding cure for AIDS/HIV, finding a vaccine for all cancers, enlighten the general populace about the meaning of tolerance... etc.. etc.. OR, drop this God-forbidden calculus course and become a drone. I know most of y'all are familiar with the verb, to drone. However, the noun that I use, drone, actually refers to the male honey bees (working honey bees are asexual) who were born only to mate with the Queen bee, and therefore do no work during the course of their life. I see a lot of people who are drones. Those who fight the daily traffic, those who do not enjoy their labor, those who live life simply because they prefer it over death. I think the pro and cons show that I should just take calculus and try my best to pass it. I may sound cocky here, but I have a firm conviction that I was born with a purpose. My presence on this planet will be one that influences millions. In a good way of course.

I am really tired. I am probably making no sense. However, I must get back to solving more integrands... Somebody save me from this madness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home