Thursday, October 16, 2003

Math exam is in about 5.5 hours. Still trying to get some more mathematical elements into my head. Apparently, osmosis does not work. Sometimes, in times like this, I go into prayer mode. God, if you help me pass this exam with an adequate grade, I promise to become a more productive individual -- I'll get up early and exercise, volunteer at local children's hospital, cut down on caffeine, and stop calling my brother "dumb-ass." Five minute into that pseudo-prayer, I realize. I'm an atheist -- and even if there were a God, be him/her/it Zeus, Shiva, Ifrit, Jesus, or my cat, the deity would hardly care if I exercise, or cut down on caffeine. So why do I do this? I also say "god-dammit" when I am mad... which makes my best friend rather uneasy(she's Christian). I also refuse to capitalize the word "god." Actually, perhaps I should capitalize it, since the word "god" refers to an actual name of the god that Christianity worships. Hmm. I'll think about capitalizing "god" but I refuse to capitalize the "H" in the world "he" or "him" or "his" and etc.. when referring to pronouns and possessive pronouns and whatnots refering to the deity. I need to study. My gawd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home