Friday, November 07, 2003

Something fishy is going on with my web browser at work. It keep showing error screens! Well, that's another topic anyhoot.

I am reading a lot on these suicides by high-schoolers in Korea. Evidently they jump to their death off of apartment buildings and such because of the immense pressure and stress they are under. This kind of thing has been going on for years, but lately the death toll has risen and now it's making headlines. There's also the ¿Õµû (wang-ttah) syndrome, which can be loosely translated as being an outcast. Fairly young adults in their 30's and 40's commit suicide because of lack of mobility in their jobs + stress and constant increase in debt. Korea may look like a country that is advanced and well off, hosting the 1988 Olympics and the 2002 World Cup, but in truth it is a difficult place to live with limited choices. Competition to survive is fierce.

Flu season is kicking in big time. Even with the all-powerful Dayquil (which used to work wonders for me) is not helping with the current symptoms. I still can't breathe through my nose, my eyes get very teary, and just the headache from sinus pressure alone is killing me. I want to go home and go back to bed.

I had to get up early this morning and get to LA, because I had to help a friend out. He needed to go to the DMV and I needed to drive and accompany him. We went to this damned DMV about 5-6 times!! Everytime we had to return because of one reason and then another reason. DMV is hell. So many people waiting, babies crying, we made appointments but the name did not show up on some list, etc. etc. Making appointments does help, but the morning traffic to LA is just too much for me. I had to get up so early!! I am lethargic. I am doing the count-down until I get out from work again. So less than 7 hrs to go... After lunch, before I know it, it would be approx 3PM. Then only 4 hours to go. Counting down makes me feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home