Monday, January 12, 2004

I know it is kind of late, but I have gotten started on feeling New-Year-sy. I have vacuumed; I doubt I vacuumed more than once in 2003. I will try to make it at least a monthly ritual. My bathroom is tidier than normal, and my desk is free from clutters. I paid a whopping three grand to school for the spring semester's tuition -- well at least close to three grand -- almost 2900! That's a lotta dollars, especially for someone like me. So what other way to vent and release stress than -- blow even more money! Yes. I originally went to Express to see if they had a shorter length for the jeans I had purchased a week ago (I purchased a "Regular" but it turns out that I am vertically challenged -- despite my 5'6" height). They did not have that size, so I gave up and decided to wear them folded at the ends or something... I tried to look for heels high enough to cover the length, but clunky platform high heels are completely out of style these days. Furthermore, flats are in and so your short-legged heroine felt increasingly down in the dumps. And nothing brings you out from the dumps like shopping. So I did. I was already at the mall, so I figured why not?

I hit Bath and Body Works, which is connected to Express, and bought a pearberry shower gel, which smells heavenly, and bought two soaps, all on sale. The total transaction was $7 + 8.25% tax. Then I went into several stores, including Gap, where I found a rather homely skirt on sale for 9.99, and black corduroy pants for 19.99. So instead of just the exchange I was supposed to do, I spent even more money. Sad part is, this winter I spent so much money that I am waaaaaay over my budget. So much for living frugal.

I did do some pilates, which I haven't done for ages. My abdominal area is pulling a bit. I really need to start working out again. I think I will start tomorrow. So basically, nothing too exciting in my life now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home