Friday, January 09, 2004

I am drinking Solomon's Seal Tea, also called Doong-gul-leh tea in Korean. I actually wondered what Solomon's Seal was and Googled it, and came across Kgrocer.com and Opane.com. You can now purchase various Korean products, even if you live far away from a major Korean community! They are a bit pricy, especially some items on Opane.com, but the amount of relief of nostalgia will be worth the price, to those homesick and longing for home.

Solomon's Seal Tea tastes like Korea. It's hard to describe its taste, because I have never experienced such a taste in anything American or western. It's sort of nutty, and although it is supposedly an herbal plant, it doesn't seem too herb-like. It's smooth, but toasty.

I know there was no smooth transition for what I am about to write. It seems as though that I am a confident individual, who takes pride in that fact. But I have such a hard time giving myself a voice. It is hard to speak for myself, and say what I want, because I fear I will offend people, ruin relationships, and sometimes out of laziness, because saying what I want and explaining myself thoroughly takes effort. I want to be great. I don't want to settle for average. I want to be vocal, and live life with a passion. I want to sing and dance, although I can do neither well, and bask in the joy of doing as I please, without recognizing the stares of stand-by-ers. I want to say what I want to say, and not be afraid. I think the first step in doing so is to become more proficient in speaking. Speech was the most difficult class for me. I, who was once destined for the Ivy covered halls of great universities, failed speech 101, and then proceed to drop the class in my second attempt. Thankfully, third time did turn out to be the charm, and I passed. But speaking coherently is difficult, and it is something that is achieved through training, for most people, IMO. I need to do that. Secondly, I need to start getting used to the fact that I can't be on good terms with everyone, and I need to be willing to offend some people, if needed. I'm glad that I can do this on my blog and in writing, but speaking does have the immediacy and a personal touch that blogging often lacks.

I hate it when I have naggy customers. They leave me no peace to blog. (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home