Monday, January 05, 2004

I had fun today. I didn't have work, so my best friend and I went shopping, eating, more shopping, took some pictures, ate some more, and went to visit the Santa Monica Pier. I'll have some pictures posted as soon as the battery on my digital camera finishes recharging itself. I'm tired, the bottoms of my feet are swollen and tender, but it's been a good productive day. I got much done with my best friend that we've been trying to get done -- shopping, having lunch together (it is really rare for us to have lunch together, as I always have lunch at work) and took some pictures together, and also had dinner together. We had a good time. I also got myself a pair of jeans from Express (because I had a Gift Card) and went to Victoria's Secrets for their Semi-Annual sale (my best friend keeps a keen interest in those types of news). I am pretty low on funds, because not only have I shopped enough to last through 2004, I also got my hair done on Sunday. My hair is layered, sleek, and it is a black color but with a slight violet tint that is visible in bright lighting. It's a much healthier look than the previous faded light brown color (my hair is very thin and the natural black color fades into a mousy brown as it ages). Good bye split ends, and hello bangs! I got myself a handful of bangs, which are a bit of hair that lines the border on the forehead area that is cut shorter than the rest -- usually to the length of the actual forehead, so that the hair reaches or is near the level of the eye brows. I'm quite satisfied with the results. Before I hated getting my hair done because it felt like not only a waste of money, but also a waste of time (normal process takes about 2-3 hrs). But last Sunday's experience has given me a more positive outlook.

As far as the update on the flu, I still have the cough, but it has gotten significantly better. And my throat doesn't hurt as much either. But the only bad thing has been the recent dryness and a constant thirst. It is very strange indeed. I'm always thirsty. It's an unpleasant feeling. I had lost a total of 7 lbs from this flu because I wasn't able to eat or keep food down, but lately I've been compensating for that, and I am now up 3 lbs, which results in a net weight loss of 4 lbs. Not a pleasant way to lose weight, but I need to find some positive aspect of the lengthy illness I had endured, other than the immunity to this particular virus which probably would never return (since there is a plethora of viruses for the cold and the flu, it is unlikely that a same virus would strike again). As one of my New Year's resolution is to lose weight, I'm taking it as a good sign. I will start working out again about next week or so, when I expect the cough to be fully eradicated.

I haven't had time to do much else. I did make a Xanga for my best friend (Xanga, because her sister uses it, and also because it is much more user friendly than Blogger or any other), which is kind of a shared blog between us. It is at Xanga.com/longingu2 and you can see some pics uploaded already. We'll upload more pics of us taken this winter. But unfortunately, she does go back to Iowa on the 10th, and I will not be seeing her until May or possibly August. We'll enjoy the time we have together. I haven't had much time to do anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home