Saturday, January 03, 2004

I have finally tamed the fury of the flu. I am still coughing, and I can't proclaim to be triumphant as confidently as I wish, but it has been subdued. The cough I have is minimal -- I expect it to completely withdraw by Monday. So to those of you who had been speculating -- that I have SARS, or worse, the Mad Cow disease (B.S.E.) -- let me be clear: I am clearly on the road to recovery!

I even went out yesterday, had dinner at CPK, and went to Mr. Coffee's for some coffee. My best friend and I chatted away late into the night, past midnight. It was fun -- it had been long since I had been to the outside world other than to and from work. We talked about profound stuff. We usually do, when we're sitting with a cup of java in a dimly lit cafe. Our topics covered New Year's resolutions, our history as friends, our futures as individuals, and as friends, men, and other random stuff. It was fun, but at the same time, made me introspective.

The single girl's life is a long and lone road, but the number of those taking this path has increased significantly -- including myself, and my newly singled best friend. I haven't ruled out all men for the rest of my life, but I did decide that when I do seek out a partner with whom to share my life, it will not be a flighty decision. I want to be with someone intellectual -- well-educated. Someone who has graduated from college, who has a career that he enjoys. Someone who reads the paper... to be cont.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home