Friday, January 02, 2004

Second day of the year 2004 -- I am still under the weather, and still at work, as always. The ends/beginnings of the months are the hardest time for my job. It is the most busiest days, so I have to be here. I'm done with most of the paperwork I have to do -- I'm just procrastinating for the last bit. I'm just glad the bulk of the holiday season has passed, and hopefully things will settle down to normal. I normally clean and organize my life before the New Year, so I can start feeling renewed for the next year, but this year I was sick, and caused more chaos and mess. I can tell you that there has been a surge in the amount of entropy in my life recently.

It seems that everyone is out and about, in the outside world, as well as in "blogosphere." I haven't had much time at all to leave comments on other blogs, much less visit them at all. But I am still thankful for the number of visitation I have been getting. Thank you everyone.

Let me tell you, I have being sick. I'm sure everyone of you do too. The fever and headache and clogged sinuses are gone, but the cough remains. Cough violently torments my entire torso into an uproar. It has also kept me from keeping food down a few times, but that, too, has been getting a little better. Thank goodness.

I checked my 2004 fortunes at Baramdosa.com which is a Korean fortune telliing site. Basically, I have horrible luck for the next 12 months, ranging from various illnesses, betrayal by close friends, to loss of wealth (or whatever I have), and little things like "no matter how hard you try, you will not see positive results" and similar. Generally speaking it will be a very regretful and saddening year for me, supposedly. Eh.

In Eastern cultures (many of them, not all), there is a serious emphasis on the importance of your name. The way it sounds, the number of syllables, the number of strokes in its written form, its meaning, and etc.. No one bothered to name me when I was a born (being the last in the series of girls to be born into the extended family on my father's side), my mother took the liberty of naming me. However, it turns out that my name isn't too great, and since two years ago, I have contemplated changing my name! I don't believe in these mythological things all that much, but hey, if it's bad, why not avoid it, right? It's bad to walk under the ladder or step on a crack. While you wouldn't avoid these things at all costs (normally) you would stay away if easily done, right? Well, changing a name isn't much, and it also gave me an excuse to find something new and changed about myself. But I haven't found a name suitable for moi, and so it is still Haemi.

Even in the U.S. there are people who make names for a living. They match you with your birthdate and hour and all things about you to give you a name that will yield most luck for you. They usually do this for babies. One of my friends had a baby last year, and her parents-in-law went and got a baby name without her consent. She didn't like the name, and calls the baby something else. So what's in a name? Quite a lot.

I hope that Baramdosa is wrong and that I will have plenty of blessings in the New Year.... because 2003 reeked! (to say the least)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home