Monday, December 22, 2003

There was a large earthquake today in central Cal. It was supposedly felt all the way from LA to San Jose, and had a magnitude of 6.5, but I felt nothing, and I am in Los Angeles. Evidently, three people (so far) have been counted as the death toll -- I guess I feel sadness for the victims and their families, but feel a bit of relief because the numbers aren't as devastating as it could have been. I recall the Northridge quake vividly -- it was 6.7 if I remember correctly, and the Northridge area was pretty heavily demolished. I live about 20 miles away, but nothing in my home town was destroyed. Thank goodness.

In January, I am going to really dig into my Clarinet (figuratively, of course). I bought it months ago, and haven't blown on it much -- some scales when I first bought it, but no music! Wind instruments are notoriously difficult for me because I have such weaklings for lungs -- but I suppose that can be trained. Also, I have decided to take up painting and drawing again. It releases so much stress and anger. Not only does it release negativity, it channels it into a productive angle and makes me... well, productive. Art is good. I was a fan of pastels and charcoals, sometimes even chalk. I guess it's just my inner impressionist trying to break free. I like bold paints too, and water color, but they do require so much practice before it starts to look even remotely good. I already have two brand new set of watercolor/paint brushes, as well as watercolor and paint, and a lot of charcoal too. And a good eraser. So once I get over the fear of the blank page (when I sit in front of a clean white page, pondering what I should do, I start to freeze and get scared for some reason... more so with art than with writing), I should be well on my way.

I haven't gone to work out in several months. I think more than three four months now. I should be ashamed -- I pay monthly dues for this without going. It's like donating money. To a ridiculously well-off corporation! I also became an even bigger slob because I've been mooching around the house all the time doing absolutely nothing of importance. I am 4 sizes larger than I was 3 years ago. My ass is so huge, I'm pretty sure I can use it as a shelf! It's not something that I appreciate. While I do love the womanliness a female body possesses, being unproportional and unhealthy is not something I seek. Aigo ya... Must get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home