Monday, December 15, 2003

Another event happened that left me with much mixed feelings. I received a rather impressive Christmas present from a customer, whom I despised for years. She has the temper of a Tazmanian Devil, and curses like a witch, if you know what I mean. She's spit out a few unpleasant phrases to my face as well, and to my coworker and boss, multiple times. Every other time, she comes into the store apologetically and remains in a humble mode through the end of her visit. She often shows up with little pastries or a box of Korean canned juice -- a frequent peace offering after her raging sessions. The present she got me is a large box full of eye shadows, various make-up pencils, mirrors, and etc. from Elizabeth Arden. It must have cost quite a bit -- something I probably can't and won't afford. It makes me antsy to receive outrageous gifts like that beyond a price I would ever spend on myself. Of course I would buy something over 100's of dollars, but I would never ever spend so much on so much makeup. (I'd like to think that I don't need so much "enhancements" seeing that I am quite the beautiful creature I am!) I shouldn't be complaining about a gift I received. A gift, especially a lavish one is a good thing, right? I sound like a ninny with all this talk. I'll stop now.

My best friend is coming in two days! I get to pick her up from the airport as usual. I haven't seen her in a year, so it is going to be very exciting. There's something about childhood friends that is so comforting and familiar, even after years and years. Friends and acquaintances made as adults cause awkward moments when reunited after a long period of time -- at least for me, because I'm quite shy. But childhood friends like my chum -- she spends most of the time in Iowa -- is never awkward for a bit. It is great because there is a tinkling excitement on my drive over to the airport (I always happen to go at the worst traffic hours) and I just can't wait to see her. I am trying to save up enough money to go see her either spring break or at least next summer -- I'll need to save about $50 a month just for the plane ticket alone, which is no easy feat. But enough about that. My best friend's coming home and we're just going to have such a jolly good time... I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home