Saturday, December 13, 2003

My best friend got into an auto accident, or collision, as the California DMV likes to call'em. She's been frequently getting herself into these minor collisions -- she reminds me of me, as a newbie driver. She has only been driving for about a year. I've been doing some heavy duty accident causing since 1998, usually one major per year. My last accident, I am proud to say, was more than a year ago (knock on wood), and since then I haven't had any difficulties abiding to the law and being a safe driver, although I still would like to add that pedestrians should watch yo'self. I'm better about swerving to miss roadkill than stopping for a pedestrian. I know. Bad.

However, I have put in extra efforts to drive more carefully, drinking less, not driving long distances. All of my mishaps occurred on major freeways, when I was either going to or from places far away (more than 40 miles). So I decided at least until my insurance premiums go down and I behave as a good driver, I would not drive anywhere else besides work, school, or anywhere else over 10 mi radius. Now there's a problem.

My best friend and I have decided to hit Vegas in January, and most likely I'll be driving. I've never driven four hours going one way, and I am slightly nervous. I love driving -- which places me in much conflict and pain. I love to drive, but that's an extremely costly hobby. Even more so than photography (back in the days when I had to get the roll of film developed). I hope I can prove to myself that I can coexist peacefully with other drivers on the road. And pedestrians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home