Wednesday, December 10, 2003

It's pretty hard to keep me away from my blog, I guess.

Today wasn't as bad as the last two, three weeks. Thankfully. Final exams are not looking too tough, and getting a straight A for the first time in half a decade seems very possible. Highly possible. Although I am taking easy classes than can be aced standing upside down, nevertheless, it's a beautiful thing looking at a line of A's. Although I have that math class I dropped -- the shame! But I'm content nontheless.

I am just beyond bord from this same old same old thing day in and day out. I think I've done more than enough to pay for my dues... My dream would be to qualify for a loan and study full time. Life sucks, when you have full time school and full time work. You can only do one thing fully, (hence the word, full-time) and just by my having two full time obligations is the surest road to a quick burnout. Thankfully (or Unfortunately, depending on the perspective), longevity and endurance are one of my most prevalent characteristics, and I have yet to have burned out, although I am close. Life is better than the days I had to do 60 hr work weeks and try to survive schooling at the same time. But as things get better and better, you get greedier. I want more. I want to work part time. Like 15 hours a week, working at the mall, or a restaurant, or whatever. Not an office job that forces your mind to take the stress home with you after work. I want to go to a university, where I can meet people that match my intellects -- not 18 year-olds who can't multiply or add. I want to be challenged and provoked to think deeply -- not merely prodded and poked at to get an apathetic response. I want to join a sorority and see what all the hype is about. I want to go to the schoo library at the middle of the night when I can't sleep, and study into the morning. I want to take classes that are worth talking about, and be passionate about my life. I want to go to a frat party and show everyone how much beer I can pour into my mouth. I want to take road trips with friends and get out of LA. I want my hopes and dreams to have stable footing in my life. I want so much, but I want to work hard for them. But not like this.... not like this....

The above paragraph was just me venting. That's what blogs are for, innit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home