Friday, December 19, 2003

I have to make the most of any time that I can blog.

I am judgemental of people who are judgemental. Is that a paradox?

Since my awakening to the real world at 18, I have started on a long mission to be an accepting and tolerant person. Hence my recent ventures to learn about Buddhism. I can be very tolerant of homosexuals, heterosexuals, men, women, blacks, whites, greens, the ignorant, the rich, etc.. but I have a hard time dealing with the hypocritical, judgemental, intolerant people of the world. Is that bad? I know I can't reach nirvana now, but it's hard.

For example, I give you, my best friend. She's generally an extremely sweet, compassionate person. I am certain that if she meets someone who is homosexual, she would not hold that against him/her, or look at them in a biased view. But with the mention of the word gay or homosexual, she says, "eww." As if it's disgusting or something unacceptable. I try not to be bothered, but I am. I am gravely bothered by that. Watching Jerry Springer's show is nervewrecking for me, because I see people who are just so intolerant and unaccepting. They hate with contempt and get enraged with a passion.

I am a person of neutrality. I'm not Republican, or Democratic, or even for the Independent or Green party. But staying completely impartial is so hard. I wonder if it's one of those things that come with age and wisdom. But I am so judgemental! Am I being completely hypocritical?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home