Thursday, January 08, 2004

I have included a link on the left to Margaret Cho's blog. I found her to be very funny and as a Korean American, her short-lived All American Girl was definitely worth its shot. But then after the show was cancelled, I heard stories about how she lived a loose life, filled with sex and drugs, and that caused my heavily conservative face to cringe. I came upon this blog somehow (I don't even remember) but I feel blessed because I have. She is definitely a character, which is a great and important thing in my opinion. I don't have half the character she has. But regardless, I found her blog to be eloquently written, sharp, humorous but not without a spine. There's actually alliteration incorporated -- in a blog entry, of all things! She strings words together artfully, and I am ashamed to be co-existing in cyberspace, because my writing, more often than not, seems dull and child-like... like a child's finger painting. Mine is the work of a toddler, and Miss Cho's work is Monet. (I'm a Monet/impressionist fan.)

Please go read some of the entries -- I, myself, have just begun reading some of her work. There isn't much famous Koreans in the U.S.. It is sad that when Americans try to think of a Korean person, they think of Kim Jong Il, the president of North Korea, who is often portrayed as a crazy lunatic by cartoonists. Cho has lived a rock and roll life -- and I don't mean rock and roll as all drugs and sex and craziness. Her life is loud, she is vocal, and she speaks out. She is passionate, and she has an attitude. But she is human, and she is not without flaws. But in spite of it all, she is a beautiful human being, and I'm not sure I measure up to that (not that I'm competing or anything). I admire her. Perhaps one day, I, too, can effervesce with such a passion. I know I am not completely without talents, but the honing of the given talents is perhaps more difficult of a task, than actually finding the talent itself. I hope that one day my life's passion will blossom into the levels of a Monet painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home