Sunday, February 22, 2004

It's been rainy the last few days, which has been great. Rain is fabulous. It's sweet and exotic in ways I cannot express. It feels like life, newly sprouting. It is varying. Even the softest drops can quickly turn into a series of sharp droplets, droplets that bounce off of rooftops of cars. Even when there's lightning and the roaring thunder, it embraces so much sensual pleasures -- the rumbling sound, against a backdrop of showers. Out of 365 days a year (or 366 days in this year -- is that right?), it rains probably less than 30 days in SoCal. It should rain more often, but sometimes I do think that it is its rarity that makes it even more a special commodity that is so marvelous.

Having said that -- Californians can't drive for shit in the rain!

I have waited all winter for the spring semester to start, and when it did finally, I am procrastinating again. But tonight, I will get down and dirty with Beowulf. But still, just out of spite, I will be rooting for Grendel.

Easter is coming. I am not Christian, and by no means am I a believer of some guy rising out of his grave (although it would make a great horror movie -- I could already see it: "What Would Jesus Do?" featuring dead guy rising out of the grave!) but I can always tell Easter is about 5-6 weeks away when the local stores start removing the Valentine stuff and restocking their holiday shelves with bunny shaped Chocolate (in my blog, Chocolate should always begin with a Capital "C").

I feel like crap when I have to buy my own box of chocolate on Valentines, but afterwards when everything is decorated in pastel colors, I feel fab. So I bought myself a gigantic bunny Chocolate. It looks kinda freaky when you look at the thing, because it is a bunny but the eyes are staring at you. It's a half a pound of sheer goodness -- or so I thought. I was just looking at the plastic wrapping, just looking... when I found these words, garnished across the top: "Milk Chocolate Flavored." Flavored? Flavored?? I hastily flipped the bunny bar over, and there wasn't a list of products included in this bunny thing. All it said was that a sixth of the bar is one serving, and there is 11g of saturated fat (55% of recommended daily intake) in each serving, and 2% calcium. Nothing about cocoa powder or vanilla extracts. It doesn't taste so great either -- but I will still eat it and perhaps even buy another one, because it is just 79 cents. And probably worth every penny of that. It's less than 10 cents per ounce! Cheap~ Mmmm... good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home