Thursday, March 11, 2004

They are halting gay marriages. You know, I've seen so many interviews and explanations, and I see so many valid reasoning for legalizing gay marriage, but not a single valid one for the opposite. I'm no militant revolutionary, nor am I a conservative republican. But I see so many people who want this, and I also see that no one would be hurt from this legalization. I mean, if gay people got married, would it really hurt you? And remember that this is a secular nation. You can't bring your gods into this.

In this life, there is so little love to go around -- there is truly a lack of love on this planet. Too many disease, too many wars, and too many hearts broken. About 3000 people died just in 2001 in NY, and about 200 people died today in Spain. In the Congo and Colombia, people are still warring against each other. When there's so many evidence that there is a lack of love, why would you deny love from the people who are willing to give love? This is not like abortion. I can understand both sides of the controversy, but gay marriage isn't killing anyone. It doesn't hurt anyone, but benefits so many. Think of the fact that just a few decades ago, interracial marriages were not legal. See how ridiculous that was.

You love Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and you love Will and Grace. You may believe that homosexuality is "wrong." I guess that's your opinion and I respect it. But beyond that, you have to think of what is fair, and if equal opportunities are given to each individual. Isn't that what makes the U.S. so great? Stopping gay marriages -- that's not too different from stoning widows to death because they had sex after their husbands had long been dead (somewhere in Africa). I do strongly believe that with time, this will become legal. Don't drag this out longer than it has to -- there's too many people's happiness involved. In a depressing age like this, with wars and AIDS and making ends meet and taxes and everything else that is just so hard -- the least you can do is support something that can make thousands of people happy. Who knows. It would pass around to you in the form of good karma.

I know my reasoning isn't too sound, but I'm tired of this. I am cyber-applauding to the individuals who showed up to get their marriage certificates -- congratulations to you all. I am just so tired of hearing the ignorant bigots with the big voice yelling out stupid stuff. Yes. Stupid! (I really hate that word, and I had to use it twice already!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home