Thursday, March 04, 2004

Princess Diana: The Secret Tapes

Now, I'm absolutely against tabloids or intrusions of privacy, and I really wanted myself to refrain from watching this show, but it came so smoothly, right after The Apprentice that I couldn't remove myself from the couch in time.

In my opinion, Princess Di was one of the most beautiful creatures of our time. There is a Korean saying that beautiful people die young, and that is so true to many beautiful people: Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, and of course, Diana. Perhaps because she died so prematurely, we will always remember her in her prime.

So much Irony. So much of her was made public, but so much went unknown, and when she died in that car crash, so many secrets went to the grave with her. I was shocked to find that she was so suicidal and bullimic. What a tragedy! I'm glad that at the very least, the public sided with her and adored her, and that she found work that she seemed to have enjoyed. And her children are so beautiful, especially William -- you can see so much of her in William.

Well, that is it for today. I should have something significant to write over the weekend about adventures in macroeconomics, the introductory course. Who would have thought that I could enjoy econ? Life never ceases to amaze me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home