Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I had a great day. Why didn't I realize how much fun school could be? I am currently taking English Literature (starting at the middle ages) and mythology, and art history. In an odd but pleasant coincidence, the historical time period of these three classes are overlapping, and it's creating an interesting kaleidoscopish effect. It's like a collage, really; A clear synthesis of different aspects of the time space continuum at a given point!

I was particularly inspired by my art history class today. I really should take the part 2 of this class, art history 102, because this is really interesting and inspiring and thought-provoking. I thought ancient art would be dull, because they seemed so primitive, but in fact, they are so much in tune with the whole human experience, which exists in modern time as well as the paleolithic era. I am extremely bothered by the fact that the instructor seems to be tardy frequently if not always -- I have paid a lot of money for the class and would really like to get my money's worth, especially since the subject is so fun, and the instructor is a great teacher.

I have always been the super-nerd of my generation, but this is probably the first time that I felt that an hour and half of class was just too short. And that's really something, coming from a person who gets squeamish after 1.5 hours at the movies. (Any movie over 2 hrs HAVE to be seen at home on the VCR or DVD with the pause button close at hand! Blame it on the short attention span/ADD!)

Well, now I have to pay the price of having such a dreamy day. Homework is inevitable, but for classes like these, I welcome the work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home