Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Do I really have time to blog...? I have a class in half an hour -- I need approximately 8 minutes to drive to school, and 12 minutes to walk to class... I could spare a moment, I guess.

I finished all the assigned work from my previous classes! I love humanities and liberal arts. How on earth I once dreamed of majoring in chemistry, I do not know. That was a different me. I like chemistry, but it just isn't comparable to reading short stories by wonderful Indian women named Jhumpa Lahiri.

It is my mom's birthday today. It's February 5th, by the Chinese/lunar calendar, so it's today. I went to Porto's Bakery, which I had never been to. It used to be a small, miniscule bakery that was on Brand Blvd, near California Ave. Now it's swollen to about half a block! It's a gigantic cafe/bakery -- when did this growth spurt happen? Apparently, during the last few years when I didn't pay much attention to the on-goings of my little town. They are famous for their delicious cake, but I never bought one -- I always went to Korean bakeries and bought Korean-styled cake with lots of fruit. I think the cakes are made more palatable to the Korean tongue. But I didn't have time to drive all the way into K-town today, so I stopped by Porto's Bakery, and fell in love. Candy and Ice cream, move over! My new favorite food is cake -- namely tiramisu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home