Tuesday, February 24, 2004

When I read the first sentence in Eleventwentyseven's post, dated February 22, 2004, I knew what it meant.

"His name is John."

I have the final two episodes of SATC saved on my computer. I need my weekly fix with a dire urgency, but I can't. Knowing that they are the final two episodes, not final episodes of the season, but final as in The End. I will watch it when I have come to terms with this finale. I have to thank Eleventwentyseven for not spoiling it for me. She keeps a really spunky site with beautiful photographs and smart posts.

Seeing SATC makes me want to live in Manhattan. I hope to live in Manhattan, or at least near it, someday. I love SoCal, but I'm not quite sure LA is the optimal place to be. The atmosphere in LA is very lax (hey, it's the acronym for our airport!). Perhaps the warm temperature nearly year-round makes the people more relaxed and accepting, but at least for some portion of my life, I would like to bask in the bustling bristling energy of people cramming into a subway or watch the mustardy yellow cabs flood the streets. I don't know exactly. Perhaps when I do live there, I'd be tired of the constant friction of people and life and their clashings and long for the slow-paced warm southern life of SoCal. SoCal life is similar to the life in the deep south, in terms of the speed of time and people's attitudes. But there's just some things that people need to experience, and I think for me, NY dwelling is necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home