Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Good Grief

I must be in the Twilight Zone™. After losing my Social Securities card last week, I lost my copy of The Awakening today. We are reading that for a critical literary analysis class, and I lost the damn thing just as the major paper of the semester is due on that book! It seems like a waste to purchase the damned thing again just to write the paper -- the copy held on reserve in the library won't get me too far -- I can only use it for two hours at a time while I'm at the library, which isn't open 24-7 like large university libraries are. If I don't find it by Thursday, I will have to buy a copy. And I need a specific edition of it, which means I am at the school bookstore's mercy as far as prices go.

I am feeling cruddy today. (Don't tell me cruddy isn't an actual word -- I may be making up words but due to the stressful circumstances of my life, I should be allowed to do so -- Lewis Carroll did, so can I.) I felt chilly and had an odd vibe, like I was going to be sick. In fact, after lunch, I couldn't stand to stay awake, and fell asleep for an hour. I thought that a "power" nap would do me some good, but little good it did -- I was groggier than I was this morning. Plus then I lost my book. I've got an art history exam on Thursday and an English lit quiz tomorrow, so I can't afford to fall ill. Spring break is so close, and yet feels like an eon away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home