Monday, June 21, 2004

Monday Mornin'

Monday Mornin'

I'm all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed today. Notice that the title isn't the Monday Mornin' Blues -- it's just Monday Mornin'. It's kind of overcast here -- well, it's probably just some marine layer that should burn off toward mid-day to reveal a marvelously sunny day, but for now, it's kind of dim -- kind of like how I imagine London's fog would be like.

Less than an hour at work, and I've already cracked down on our FedEx Ground bill (they were charging $11/week for every week that we had a pick-up request, even if it was just one pick-up!) and the SBC Yahoo! DSL service. It's nice to have those machines that you can speak to, rather than having to press numbers for everything. And they sound so life-like too! Mmm... longing for that human touch, I guess...

So what is this deal about not washing your hair for a week or somethin'? I guess it's a new fashionable thing, because supposedly washing your hair daily strips away a lot of moisture and leaves you with brittle and damaged hair! I've already read in several women's magazines, multiple times, mind you, about this new phenomenon. I can't really go too long without washing my hair. It gets loaded with grease and other icky stuff. These said magazines suggest using baby powder in your hair to absorb excess grease, then just shake it out and go on a hot date. I don't know. Maybe on white-haired people and some platinum blondes, that may work. People who have dandruff as a constant accessory may find no problem with white powder icked into hair. However, I do. I can just imagine myself walking around with white powder in my hair, thinking that it will absorb grease, so that I can walk around without washing the rug on my head for a few days! Talk about nasty! And to top it off, it would look like I have snow, or worse, dust, on my hair. It's like in the enlightenment era when fashionable and trendy people were powdering their wigs. Only after a long day, they can remove the damned furball off their heads, while mine remains rather intact.

I honestly think that this is one of the things that people will read in history, as we read about the middle ages and the renaissance and see how little people bathed and etc.. and get grossed out about it. Goodness people. Wash your g'damned hair. It's called simple hygene! (shudder)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home