Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Don't Mess with My Blog!

Don't Mess with My Blog!

I've had this blog for well-over a year. During the course of about a year and half, I've written approximately 140,000 words, averaging 6 posts a week! I love to write, for many reasons. One, it is a good mental exercise to hone my writing skills. Two, it is therapeutic and also helps me understand myself better. Three, it is an outlet for me to vent, yap, bitch, fawn, whatever. Four, I write because I've got that gene that makes me need to write.

I do not, however, write for show. I do not write because I have people reading. It's nice to have people read, because it shows that whatever it is that I am writing, is worth reading. I don't have a hundred hits a day. I know. But the few people who come here, are regulars, and I like that. I will, however, keep writing, even if no one reads my blog. I'm not in that stage yet, where I have to resort to writing to be read.

So don't poke fun and say things like ... "did I double your traffic now that I've visited your website?" and so on. The number of hits is just the icing on the cake. I actually like that my blog has a rather homely readership. If I had too many hits, I'd have to get my own hosting (for photos and etc.) and that means I'll have to pay. If that doesn't suck harder than a Hoover, I don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home