Friday, July 23, 2004

When Harry Met Sally, Part 2

When Harry Met Sally, Part 2

I couldn't go all the way through with the movie, because I had work in the morning (although showing up at 10AM isn't exactly at the crack of dawn) and I have trouble getting up early these days. I will finish it tonight. It's such a lovely movie, and I'm in the perfect mood to be enjoying it. I'm a bit moody. I was really tired last night (especially since I realized it was Thursday and NOT Friday) and felt kind of defeated. Reading Tinka's Blog (which has become my daily read -- it's like looking through the mirror, I swear!) only makes me realize that my chipper attitude is just a facade.

Yep. A lot of things are sucking big time for me. I am most definitely in a better state than I was in last March - June, when I had that whole immigration crap/nursing crap/school crap to deal with. I mean, I was losing so much hair during those three months, it's not even funny. Thankfully, the rate in which I had been shedding had slowed down to normalcy. Immigration is still up in the air, although the urgency has subsided some-what; Nursing school will always pose a problem, but now that one semester is over, I can work up to that anticipation again, and hopefully I can get better results this time around; I have recently gotten news that I am able to attend school, at least for another year.

So now that my most urgent needs are ... I don't want to say met, but kind of on the back burner (is that the phrase?) I am starting to want non-essentials. Like a relationship. Like a new pair of flip-flops (a girl in SoCal can never have too many!). Like less work and more pay. Stuff like that.

As for now, I spend almost all my awake-hours at work, so I earn money and yet spend little, and can afford yet another pair of flip flops. When they're on sale, they're approximately $10, so they're not too much of a set-back. As for less work and more pay -- I'm just glad to have a stable job, albeit it is a little hell-in-the-wall. I get paid pretty well, considering I don't pay taxes and I have such flexibility with my schedule (with school). My brother recently got a job with my uncle at a bar he owns in Koreatown -- he's starting this weekend, I believe. THANK GOODNESS I don't have to go back to that kind of stuff again. 1. Working for family sucks like the the suckiest thing that ever sucked, and 2. Working from 5PM to 2AM has got to be one of the worst hours to work! So I'm just trying to be happy for the status quo.

Ah. The ever so baffling question of having a relationship. I want one. I want a stable one, but the process of "getting-to-know-you" is too long. Too bumpy of a road to enjoy the ride. First of all, there's always that question of whether or not there's mutual feelings. Secondly, there's got to be compatibility. Is this person able to provide you with what you need? And I'm not talking about financial or superficial things; Can they adequately fill-up your "other-half" space and do it to your satisfaction? Can you do the same in return? And of course, the motherload, will you be able to grow together? At my age (and I ain't gettin' any younger), you have to think of the future. It is an imminent factor in these things!

Only time will tell, I guess. But the frustration amounts in the mean time. Since I know I won't have time to "get to know" a person once school starts, I planned on having finished that section before Labor day. Like that could be planned. Even if it could be planned, the way my life goes, anything that can go wrong will go wrong. My life's the perfect example of the "Murphy's Law." Anything goes. (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home