Wednesday, August 18, 2004

City of God

I saw City of God. I found a strange irony in my watching this movie. I mean, I live in the City of Angels. It's not too unlike the slums of Brazil that appears in the movie. Of course, we don't have too many pre-teens running around with loaded guns, but the danger is still there, in other forms, if not gun violence. Drugs are obviously ubiquitous -- no one considers pot an illegal drug anymore.

It was a good movie, definitely two thumbs up. And now I'm just too sleepy to say anything else -- I'll just close this post with an update about my mental condition: I am feeling much better. Thank you, to those who cared. As Christopher said, there cannot be a great woman without adversity, right?

I will be applying to several four year universities in hope of transferring. Still nursing major. Just different place. If I get in, my bleak life will turn surprisingly rosy, and I will have a fighting chance. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home