Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th is actually one of my favorite movies. How I love Jason for chopping up people! It's such a classic. (Horror movie buff here!) Which reminds me to get a chain of horror movies lined up for NetFlix. I love, absolutely adore (if that is possible) horror movies, so much, that in fact, sometimes I wonder if watching them so frequently as I do, will tweak my mind psychologically just a bit. By watching so much violence and gory images, will I become slightly sinister (than I already am)? If so, let the fun begin! Muhahahaha!

The truth is, you may think that I am not at all frightened by these films and that is why I enjoy them, but you are wrong! I love them because they scare me to death and I can't sleep at night because I know some guy is standing behind my bathroom door with a giant machete, or worse, standing by my window (my bed is right by my window) just looking at me, and that god-forsaken theme song plays through my mind over and over and over and over and over... But that is what makes these movies so good!

They have the power of suggestion, and how mightily powerful that is! Hours after the movie, you still have fear left over. You know, that while there is 99.99999% chance that there isn't a psycho murder ready to jump at you from your closet, you also know that there is a 0.00001% chance that it can happen.

What I love most, is that the fear gets started from the film, but the rest runs rampant, runs amok, by your own imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home